This Website Privacy Statement applies to this website which is operated by ADDAMS OF OZ LLC (ARBN 158 993 278), a limited liability company duly registered in the State of New York, United States of America, of c/- 101 Productions Ltd, 260 West 44th Street Suite 600, New York, NY 10036 USA and MORBID THEATRICALS PTY LIMITED (ACN 101 173 567) of Suite 201, 127 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000 trading as the Addams Family Australia Joint Venture (ABN 92 767 603 537) (“The Addams Family”) under the domain name http://www.addamsfamilythemusical.com.au/ (“Website”)
“Personal Information” is information or opinion about an individual that identifies the individual, or from which it is reasonably possible to determine the individual’s identity.
What Personal Information is collected?
When you ask The Addams Family to provide you with information, goods or services, sign up to join one of The Addams Family’s clubs, or submit a competition entry form, you will be asked to provide contact information (such as your name, telephone number, postal address and email address). You may also be asked for demographic information (such as your age and gender) and/or profile data (such as entertainment preferences e.g. what type of shows you prefer).
How and for what purpose do we collect Personal Information?
The Addams Family collects Personal Information in various ways. The most common ways and purposes are:
- Information collected when you register or update an online profile , which may include personal data such as your name and contact details;
- From application forms when individuals apply to become members of clubs or registered lists run by The Addams Family, for the purpose of providing news, information, offers and other services in accordance with terms and conditions of the club or registered list;
- From our primary ticketing agency when individuals have given the ticketing agency permission for the ticketing agency to provide the individuals’ Personal Information to presenters/producers related to the event for the purpose of providing information about future events;
- From competition entries and promotions, for the primary purpose of running the competition or promotion and contacting the winner(s), and, unless advised otherwise, for the purpose of sending information, news and offers in relation to information, goods and services;
- Information submitted if you participate in an online survey;
- From telephone, email, written and in-person inquiries directed to The Addams Family, for the purposes of responding to enquires;
- Any messages or comments you submit to us via this website which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- From websites through automatic processes such as cookies. Cookies are used to better understand users and improve the layout and functionality of The Addams Family website. This tracking is conducted in such a way as to ensure the anonymity of visitors to The Addams Family website. While cookies may identify the computer, it should not identify the individual;
Cookies and Online Privacy
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to this website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of this website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the website.
How is Personal Information Used?
The main reason for collecting personal information is to enable The Addams Family to provide customers with information, goods and services. The personal information collected is used to manage the relationship with you, the customer, communicate with you effectively, and also to identify which goods and services would be of interest to you in the future.
Only information that is needed is collected. For example, sensitive information, such as health or political beliefs, is not collected as it is not needed in order to provide information, goods and services.
If at any time you do not wish to be notified of information, goods, services or promotions offered by The Addams Family, or if you do not wish to receive further communication from The Addams Family, The Addams Family will respect your wishes and remove your information from its records.
Where do we store information?
Website data (including Personal Information) is stored on servers located in Australia and the United States and operated by The Addams Family or its service providers.
Passing on Personal Information
Generally, confidential information will not be disclosed to individuals or organisations outside of The Addams Family without prior consent. However, in the circumstances described below, confidential information may be disclosed outside of The Addams Family.
The Addams Family may disclose personal information to third parties to whom specialised functions are contracted out to e.g. mailing houses, printing companies, marketing and advertising companies etc. If The Addams Family does disclose personal information to a third party under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, The Addams Family will take reasonable steps to ensure that those contractors:
- Handle the personal information in a manner consistent with the National Privacy Principles;
- Only use the personal information in order to provide specific services or to perform the specific functions required by The Addams Family;
- Store the personal information securely, and only for as long as is necessary to provide the required services to perform the required functions;
- Do not disclose the information to any person or organisation except in accordance with directions from The Addams Family.
Disclosure as required by law
The Addams Family may also disclose personal information without consent if they are required to do so by law, or if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
Access to Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, you generally have the right to seek access to the personal information that The Addams Family holds for you, although there are some circumstances in which The Addams Family is permitted or required to withhold access to some or all of that personal information.
If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information held for you, you should make the request in writing.
- State whether you are seeking access to all personal information held on you or to particular personal information, in which case you should specify that in the request;
- You must provide some form of identification (e.g. photocopy of drivers licence or passport) to enable The Addams Family to verify that you are the person to whom the personal information relates;
- You must include details of how you can be contacted in case The Addams Family needs to contact you to discuss the request.
For further information on the Privacy Act, refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner web-site: www.privacy.gov.au.
How is a request for access processed?
Unless specified otherwise, it is assumed that all requests relate to current records. In order to provide personal information, ordinarily a print out of the relevant personal information will be made from The Addams Family databases, and/or copies will be made of records which are held only on paper files. If information is duplicated across databases and/or files, only one print out/photocopy will be provided. Ordinarily The Addams Family will not charge for providing access/copies, and will generally respond to access requests of this type within 30 days of receiving the request.
For legal and administrative reasons, The Addams Family may also store records containing personal information in the archives. Access to these historical records will result in a charge being made. Due to the nature of archive, requests for access to historical records may take longer to process than with current records.
Correction to personal information
If The Addams Family agrees that the personal information held is not accurate, complete and up to date, it will be corrected by the appropriate person. If The Addams Family does not agree, you will be provided with the reason(s) for the views and the opportunity to make a statement of your view and have it included with the information held.
Storage, security and disposal of Personal Information
The Addams Family takes steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from risks, unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Only authorised personnel have access to personal information, and it is a condition of employment with The Addams Family that all staff maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
Personal information is only retained by The Addams Family for as long as it is needed by The Addams Family, or for as long as it is legally allowed to be retained. When personal information is no longer required by The Addams Family, it is disposed of or destroyed in a secure fashion in accordance with obligations set out by the Privacy Act.
Links to other websites
How we handle email and “Contact us” messages
We may preserve the content of any email or “Contact us” or other electronic message that we receive. Any personal data contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Website Privacy Statement. The message content may be monitored by our service providers or our employees for purposes including compliance auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of personal data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any personal data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Variation of These Terms
If you wish to request access to any other personal data which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this Website Privacy Statement, please refer to the “Contact details” section below.
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below if you wish to:
- ask any questions or provide feedback about this Website Privacy Statement;
- make a request for access to any personal data that we may hold about you; or
- make a comment about the way in which we have handled your personal data.
Any information that we provide in response may be limited to the extent permitted by any applicable law.
Mail: Privacy Officer
Suite 201/127 York Street
Sydney NSW 2000